ramblings and rantings

a journal documenting my experiences throughout my stay in the USA

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

the 'pre' orientation

My flight for Paris is tonight, so this is officially my last day here in Malaysia. (Unless of course, some delays or other unexpected events occur).

I have a feeling I will be missing the heat of Malaysia.

Anyway, orientation days!
I might not be able to post up pictures, because the internet connection isn't very good.

The first day, students mingled around to get to know each other and briefings were given by US embassy and AFS staff. I got to meet up with the students I met during my interviews and visa applicaiton days, as well as some other new people whom I have not met yet.

Sharon and Iffa were hearing impaired students and they were very friendly :) I communicated with them using incoherent movements of my arms, mouthing out words, pen, paper and other methods but later that night when I hung out in Qistina's room, Sharon taught the both of us a few basics of sign language. That was definitely an interesting experience.

The volunteers with us were tons of fun. During the time I felt unwell and decided to stay outside the hall to rest Divan saw me and asked if I wanted company (couldn't really refuse, it might seem rude) and we sat and chatted, later when the other volunteers walked past and saw us, they joined our convo and in the end everyone was laughing and cracking jokes and I didn't get much rest XD. I enjoyed myself though and was asked questions from the volunteers about what 'the students thought of the volunteers'. (I also realised that Jess was actually my roomate during my BRATS camp).

Oh yes, and during the second night, most of us went up to the rooms of the volunteers and chatted till about 4 in the morning.

There is so much more I want to say, but I can't seem to be able to express it. Oh well, the bottom line is that I had fun.

So in case I don't have an internet connection there, or if I have a hard time updating I want to say goodbye,and sorry for all the wrongs I have done, and all the best in your future pursuits.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home