ramblings and rantings

a journal documenting my experiences throughout my stay in the USA

Thursday, December 21, 2006

part 004 : the letter

Ah, I was supposed to write another full entry about my second day at the US embassy wasn't I? Actually I was waiting to be sent photos of the day by the embassy people so I could include them in this post but I've not gotten them yet. Anyway, the second day was a lot of fun, we (Sook Yi, Djawad, Hidhir and I) were ushered inside by some of the embassy employees once we arrived and were brought to a room with reporters and other students to America. The four of us were the only AFS YES students to my knowledge, as the rest were students under different programes. Basically we had to give interviews about our plans to america, our programes and student visa applications. Later we were given our visas by the American ambassador to Malaysia and many photos were taken with him, none of which have reached me but hey, at least we had a blast. The ambassador was a really fun guy as well, always cracking jokes and just being plain, all out friendly.

Yesdarday I received a guarantee letter from AFS / ABM saying that I was assured a place in the United States. No news of host families yet, but at least there's the guarantee. Predeparture orientations are scheduled (pronounced shed-jual or sked-jual? I think the former is the British way) on the 5th of January to the 7th.

Flight plans below ::

Date Sector Departure Arrival
9 Jan KUL/CDG 2325 0605 (10 jan)
10 Jan CDG/IAD 1235 1509

Allright, so that doesn't really make much sense, but after serching through google, I found out that CDG is actually Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport and that IAD should be Washington Dulles International Airport.

Paris !
(for only 6 hours, and we probably won't be able to go out of the airport, but hey)

read the introduction ?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home